Tuesday, November 13, 2007

COAMHIM












"he told me that i had a hero's soul"

it's hard to understand why i hate one thing but like another. maybe i need to find it myself? coamhim sounds alot like bands i would otherwise hate, but there is something about it, it seems retarded and special. it reminds me of los angeles myths and drug dealers and stuff. no, the more i listen this has a special strange closeness and rareness about it. if he ever gets slicker at recording or writing lyrics i don't know how i'll feel. sometimes badly done music is the best way. on his page you can see a hate letter to his bank, a mental health court contract and a certificate of achievement for "mainting making a commitment to recovery" yeah i like this rare oddness in music.

COAMHIM

from pheonix, arizona. no records yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, PRMNT Bling: Fuck you!!! No, just kidding. I found this review and it's about the best press I've ever gotten. I see it was over 10 years ago, so I don't expect to ever receive a response, but I thought I'd try. I don't know what you're doing these days, but maybe, just maybe, you're like a really prestigious and successful writer for Pitchfork magazine or something (or whatever the kids look to for new music these days). I would love it if you would check out some of my newer material and maybe a penny or two would get tossed my way. I don't really make music anymore, but I might as well try and profit off of what I have already worked so mickyfickin' hard on. I don't know about writing lyrics, but I have gotten slicker at production. I still suck at singing. My bandcamp: https://coamhim.bandcamp.com and soundcloud: soundcloud.com/coamhim
Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, I hope it is rewarding. Thanks for taking the time to listen 10 years ago.
Blessings to You -
Coamhim